Listen and Subscribe:
In this episode, I talk about Maïwenn’s “My King,” a raw and intense film that stars Emmanuelle Bercot as a woman struggling to heal her body and mind in the wake of a toxic and destructive relationship. I discuss how the film looks at emotional abuse, shows a woman reconstructing herself, and questions culturally-held beliefs about love. At the beginning of the episode, I also talk about how Andrei Tarkovsky’s 1979 film, “Stalker,” recently helped me through a difficult time.
Full Show Notes:
- Andrei Tarkovsky’s Stalker
- Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda
- More about Chernobyl
- More about Fukushima
- My episode on Under the Sand
- Private Life by Tamara Jenkins
- “Easy” by Son Lux
- Cold Podcast
- All About Love by bell hooks
- New York Times story on Ryan Adams
All My Sources:
- Eye for Film Interview with Maiwenn
- France Today interview with Maiwenn
- Observer interview with Maiwenn
- Vice interview with Maiwenn
- Numero Magazine interview with Vincent Cassel
Consider making this podcast sustainable by supporting it on Patreon.
Subscribe to the Her Head in Films Newsletter.