Listen and Subscribe:
In this episode, I talk about Ingmar Bergman’s devastating 1978 film, “Autumn Sonata.” It’s an unforgettable portrait of a mother/daughter relationship that is toxic and damaging. It was Ingmar’s only collaboration with Ingrid Bergman. Their working relationship was difficult at times, but there is no denying that both she and Liv Ullmann give powerhouse performances.
Full show notes
- Billy Collins and Donald Hall interview with Diane Rehm
- My Wild Strawberries episode
- My Summer Interlude episode
- Images: My Life in Film by Ingmar Bergman
- The Magic Lantern by Ingmar Bergman
- Ingrid Bergman in her Own Words
- My episode on A Woman Under the Influence
Consider making this podcast sustainable by supporting it on Patreon.
Subscribe to the Her Head in Films Newsletter.