Listen and Subscribe:
After my father died in 2006, my mom and I lost ourselves in the films shown at a local discount theater. In this episode, I talk about Guillermo del Toro’s “Pan’s Labyrinth,” a movie I saw in that theater and one that left a lasting impression on me. This episode is deeply personal. It’s not just about “Pan’s Labyrinth.” It’s also about grief, mental illness, my love of cinema, and much more. It even features an interview with my mom. She’s making her very first appearance on the podcast! We talk about why films were such a comfort to us as we struggled to cope with our grief.
Full show notes:
- The Honest Guys meditations on Spotify and YouTube
- A list of meditation apps compiled by me
- Oceanscapes Playlist by Spotify
- Gentle Rains Playlist by Spotify
- Film Soundtrack Playlist by Spotify
- Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through the Storm by Thich Nhat Hanh (includes affiliate link)
Please consider making this podcast sustainable by supporting it on Patreon.
Subscribe to the Her Head in Films newsletter