Listen and Subscribe:
I saw ‘Dead Poets Society’ for the first time when I was a teenager. It was a revelatory film for me because of the way it celebrated the power of literature and poetry. In this episode, I talk about why the film means so much to me. I also provide behind-the-scenes information about the making of the film and even discuss criticisms that it has received over the years.
Full show notes:
- Turner Classic Movies article on the film
- Mental Floss list of 15 facts about the film
- Josh Charlies interview with Entertainment Weekly
- Half-hour documentary made a decade after the film, featuring interviews with the actors from the film
- Critique of the film by Roger Ebert
- Critique of the film by Kevin J.H. Dettma
Consider making this podcast sustainable by supporting it on Patreon.
Subscribe to the Her Head in Films Newsletter.